Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fresh Starts

Ah...... the first day of school. Whether it's a new Speed Racer book bag or a bright yellow tank top (and matching bracelet, of course!), there's nothing quite like a fresh start. I'm sure we all remember brand new shoes and crisp untainted notebooks and the excitement of beginning again. My children experienced that this month and surprisingly, so did I.
After almost 20 years at my job, I was given a chance to begin again. It's still the same 'ol building and the same 'ol products, but something huge has changed. We have new owners and along with a few new faces, is a brand new sense of purpose and vision. For those of you that know me well, you know this has been an answer to a looooong prayed prayer. The past few years have been difficult, to say the least, and I have been so uncertain about what to do. But I knew God had a plan and even though I did not see evidence of ANYTHING changing (only seemingly getting worse!) I held on and kept hoping he was hearing my plea. And, boy did he! Things have turned around in an amazing way that I never could have even conceived (I even got a promotion!).
So, I share this for one reason - to encourage any of you that need a miracle. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God hears your cries and he has you, your future, your needs, your dreams, your work, your family, your circumstances, your EVERYTHING safely in his care. Hold on, hold fast, and expect his promises to be fulfilled. He truly delights in giving you the desires of your heart! And not even Speed Racer can keep up with that!

No comments: