Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Than Just A Great Summer Read


There are some books that make an impression on your life and there are a rare few that truly make a difference. The Shack, written by William Young, is one of those books. I very offhandedly grabbed it at the airport when I was in desperate need of reading material and only had a few minutes to select something before I was late to my gate. The book was sitting by itself on a bottom shelf. At the time, I think it was #48 on the best sellers list and I was intrigued by the cover and the subhead "Where tragedy confronts eternity". So I made the quick purchase, having no clue how this piece of literature was going to impact me. And that is all I will say. If you read one book this year, or even this decade, make it this one. And when it gets a bit "out there", stay with it.... you will not be disappointed.

No comments: